A dental emergency is any type of situation that requires immediate attention from a dentist. Our team understands that dental emergencies are rarely convenient, and we will work to accommodate your needs and schedule when you contact us about a dental emergency. We recommend that you contact us as soon as possible if you experience a dental emergency, as time can sometimes be a factor in treating certain types of injuries. We will schedule an emergency appointment with you and provide any instructions you might need to care for your mouth and smile until you can meet with our dentist and receive professional care.
Common dental emergencies include:
- Tooth pain, including severe, lasting or chronic toothaches
- Lost dental restorations, such as lost or broken fillings or crowns
- Damage to the soft oral tissues (lips, tongue, cheeks, gums, etc.)
- Cracked or fractured teeth
- Chipped teeth
- Partially or fully knocked-out teeth
If you experience trauma to your head or neck, or if your injury may be life threatening, we advise that you call 911 or visit the nearest emergency room to seek medical treatment, even if you may also require dental care.
If you have any questions about emergency dentistry, please call our office today.